Senior Research Associate
Senior Research Associate:
- Molecular biology research, primarily in canola and faba bean.
- Isolation of signalling pathway genes and multiple uncharacterized genes of Brassica napus, constructing cDNA and subtractive libraries, microarrays, isolation and identification of variant genes, analysing gene expression in transgenic and wild-type plant lines (quantitative rtPCR), methods development.
- Bioinformatic analysis in legume Vicia faba, 454 library development, sequence assembly, variant identification, identification of candidate genes for key traits.
- Lab supervision and instruction.
- Field plot coordination and data analysis.
- Technical writing (reports, journal articles, grant applications and patent documentation).
Working with clients and partners, we provide innovation support, strategic research, scientific and technical services to develop and deploy solutions to meet Canada’s current and future industrial and societal needs.
About National Research Council Canada
The National Research Council (NRC) is the Government of Canada’s premier organization for research and development.
NRC partners with Canadian industry to take research impacts from the lab to the marketplace, where people can experience the benefits. This market-driven focus delivers innovation faster, enhances people’s lives and addresses some of the world’s most pressing problems. We are responsive, creative and uniquely placed to partner with Canadian industry, to invest in strategic R&D programming that will address critical issues for our future.
- CLIENT National Research Council Canada
- YEAR 2003 - 2011
- WE DID Senior Research Associate
- PARTNERS Dr. Heather Ray
- CATEGORY Associate , Consultant